How do I prepare for my lash extension appointment?
It is crucial that you arrive for your appointment with completely clean lashes, free of all makeup. This includes mascara, eye shadow, eyeliner and false lashes. We also ask that you arrive on time.
Will I be able to get eyelash extension if I am suffering from an eye ailment/medical condition?
If you have conjunctivitis, a sty, itchiness, redness, swelling or a rash in or around your eyes, you must reschedule your appointment. We also recommend customers with a cold or a those with seasonal allergies symptoms (runny eyes, itchy eyes) reschedule when they are healthy.
What do you use to adhere eyelash extensions?
Our certified experts adhere eyelash extensions lash by lash with adhesive* that is specifically designed for lash extensions. *Adhesive ingredients/material content available upon request at Flutter.
How long will the appointment take?
Before your Flutter artist begins the eyelash extension procedure, she will evaluate your eyelashes and discuss your desired look. Please allow 1.5-3 hours for your first visit and full set. Maintenance appointments average between 45 minutes to 1.5 hours. Time may vary, depending on the desired volume. Remember to arrive with clean lashes to save time.
How long do Flutter eyelash extensions last?
Eyelash extensions will last the term of the natural growth cycle of your eyelashes, which varies. Each person’s growth variable differs, as it does with hair. To maintain your eyelash extensions’ length and beauty, please follow our lash care tips and rules.
What is the suggested maintenance schedule?
Lashes can be maintained year-round with fills recommended every two to three weeks.
What are the lash extensions and how are they applied?
Lash extensions are synthetic strands that replicate a natural eyelash. Size availability ranges from 6mm to 14mm. Once selected, the lashes/fans*are applied one at a time using a specially formulated, semi-permanent adhesive that will not irritate the eye or damage the natural lash. *fans are multiple single lashes used for a volume lash look.
Do lash extensions fall out over a certain period of time?
Each lash extension is attached to a single eyelash and will shed naturally. Do not attempt to remove the extensions yourself. Lashes will stay intact by following Flutter’s rules and tips.
Is it okay to also wear mascara?
Do not apply mascara to your extensions.
How do I care for my lash extensions?
You must wait 24-48 hours before washing your lashes or completely saturating the extensions with water. Follow our lash care tips and rules for optimal maintenance.
Will my natural lashes get harmed or damaged?
Lash extensions do not ruin your natural eyelashes. When applied correctly and properly by an expert, they are safe and do not ruin the health of your natural lashes. Flutter lash artists apply extensions 1mm away from the skin of your eyelid and isolated on one natural lash. Be sure not to rub your eyes or tug or pull on the extensions because this can cause lash loss and permanent damage to your natural lashes. We guarantee your lashes will be applied properly. Our clients’ dedication to adhering to our lash tips and rules for lash maintenance ensures retention of extensions.
Flutter Fill Policy
- Please note: Flutter Lash Bar adheres to strict guidelines and standards to ensure the most beautiful and healthy outcome.
Our licensed experts will only fill lash sets that have been applied by Flutter artists
- . It is our policy that we will not refill a set that has been applied elsewhere. We use the highest quality extensions and adhesive and will not mix our products with others from an unknown source, out of concern for your eye and lash wellness. We will remove the extensions and start the process from the beginning, for your benefit. This is non-negotiable. Flutter will not compromise when it comes to safety. When booking, please advise your Flutter Lash Artist that you are coming from another lash artist and book a removal appointment and full set appointment.
LASH TIPS AND MAINTENANCE RULES FOR MAXIMUM RETENTION:
- Wait at least 24-48 hours before you expose your lashes to excessive water or moisture. Avoid steam, sweating, swimming, showering, fully saturating your lashes for at least 24 hours, which is when the adhesive is still active. Avoid applying lash serums during this time as well.
- After 48 hours you may wash your lashes with baby shampoo and water or an approved lash cleanser (follow instructions how to wash from your lash artist). Wash at least every other day to keep your lashes clean.
- Make sure to gently clean your eyelids every day because the oils on your lid and/or sweat will break down the adhesive over time.
- Only use cleanser, eye makeup, eye creams and makeup removers that are oil free. Oil based products will break down the adhesive.
- DO NOT USE MASCARA!!!
- If you wear makeup (especially eyeliner) make sure to carefully remove it every night. Makeup buildup will cause the lash extension to shed quickly.
- Do not pick, pull or rub your lashes or your eyes.
- Do not sleep face down and avoid sleeping on one side of your face. Invest in a silk pillowcase especially if you are a side sleeper. This will allow the lashes to glide off the pillow better than a cotton pillow case. Some clients may benefit by sleeping with an eye mask designed to protect your lashes.
- Avoid heat: keep curling irons, straighteners and blow dryers away from your eye area. Avoid exposure to steam and hot surfaces/ovens when cooking.
- Use a clean spoolie (lash brush) to gently brush the tips of lashes. Never brush the base of the lash or wet lashes. You will be provided with a clean spoolie after every lash appointment at Flutter.
- Never curl or perm your lash extensions.
- Always come to your appointment makeup free and with clean lashes. Any kind of makeup buildup/residue can prevent the lash extension from adhering correctly. You will not have good retention if you do not have clean lashes.
- ENJOY YOUR BEAUTIFUL LASHES!!!!